Your firm will absolutely need a Google Account for various services that Google provides. You can learn more about Google Accounts in this article.
It's important that your firm's Google services be held within a Google account that is tied to and controlled by your firm rather than someone's personal Google account to avoid potential problems in the future.
New Google accounts can be created by following these steps:
- Make sure your browser is logged out of any Google accounts it may be logged into already by clicking this link. https://accounts.google.com/logout
- Visit this URL and fill out the required information. https://accounts.google.com/SignUp . You may see a link there on that page that presents the option to create a Google account without a gmail address. (labelled "I prefer to use my current email address") Skunkworks doesn't recommend this course of action as it can possibly lead to problems in the future.
- Make sure you record your account information somewhere that's accessible to your firm's management and safe. This information should never be transmitted or stored in your email. If you need to get this login information to Skunkworks we recommend telephoning us and/or using our app "Secret".
The sign up fields
Your name will be used across Google services. For example, when you create content that you want to share with others, your name will appear with this content.
You will use your username, which will also be your new Gmail address, to sign in to your Google Account. Your username isn’t case sensitive, and you can use letters, numbers, or periods. We’ll help you out with some suggestions if you’re having trouble finding a username you like.
Keep your account secure by choosing a good password. When creating a password, be sure to do the following:
- Choose a smart password.
- Do not reuse this password on another site.
- Use at least eight characters.
Date of birth
Your date of birth helps us provide you with things like age-appropriate settings. We won’t display it without your permission.
We will use your gender for things like improving our messages. For example, we will use the term he or she if you share a photo with someone. Anyone who views your profile or receives a message like this will know your gender – it is public by default. But you can change who can see your gender once you’ve created your Google Account. If you specify other instead of male or female, or choose to keep your gender private, we’ll use gender-neutral terms (e.g., Pat shared their photo with you.).
Having a mobile phone number on your account is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to help keep your account safe. Since you have physical possession of your phone, we can provide easier ways for you to get back into your account if you ever forget your password. And we can use it to challenge unusual accesses to your account. This field is optional, but strongly recommended if you have a mobile phone.
Current email address
Current Email Address should be an additional email address, such as an address you used before signing up for your Google Account. For new Google Account users, providing this address allows for useful features including helping people find you, aiding in account security and recovery, and providing an alternate address for notifications from Google services. You can update this email address through your Account Settings.
Enter your country or territory of residence in this field.
After you’ve created your account, you can review or edit this information through My Account.