Verifying a Facebook page will help with the page’s SEO. An Administrator of the page will be able to do this.
While present at the business location and in proximity of the main phone line for the business follow the steps below.
- Log in to Facebook
- Go to your business' Facebook page (Found under Your Pages)
- Go to Settings > General
- Under Page Verification, click Edit.
- Then click Verify this Page.
- A window will pop-up asking for a publicly listed phone number for the business. Enter your main phone number.
- Then click Call Me Now.
- You will receive an automated call from Facebook with a 4-digit verification code at the number you entered.
- Listen for the 4-digit verification code and then enter it in the spot provided. Click Continue.
If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to verify by uploading a picture of an official document showing your business or organization’s name and address (e.g.: Business utility or phone bill; Business license; Business tax file; Certificate of formation; or Articles of incorporation).
If you run into troubles, contact your Skunkworks account manager for further assistance.