ServerPilot is a webserver management platform for hosting PHP websites like WordPress on a cloud server. You can think of ServerPilot as a modern, centralized hosting control panel.
ServerPilot does not provide servers. Instead, they make it easy to host PHP sites on your own servers. Those servers can be cloud servers, VPSes, or dedicated servers at any provider.
Skunkworks uses ServerPilot for managing our client’s DigitalOcean servers.
What ServerPilot Does
- Software Installation – ServerPilot installs all of the software your server needs, including PHP, MySQL, Nginx, and Apache.
- Firewall Configuration – ServerPilot secures your server with an iptables firewall.
- Automatic Updates – ServerPilot keeps your server’s packages updated.
- Simple Control Panel – ServerPilot’s control panel makes it easy to host multiple sites on a server, manage databases, change PHP versions, deploy SSL, and more.
- AutoSSL – With AutoSSL, ServerPilot enables free SSL certificates for your apps' domains.
- Stats and Monitoring – ServerPilot provides stats and monitoring for your servers and apps.
- Professional PHP and WordPress Hosting – ServerPilot’s provides everything you need for secure, reliable hosting on your server.